GREAT TOYS IN A COOL PLACE!
March = Action =
March is the only month with a name that is also an active verb, so it seems appropriate that we celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday (March 2) “March Forth” (March 4th), Good Samaritan Day (March 19), Girl Scout Week & Birthday (March 12-18), Women’s History Month (including Women’s Rights and International Peace Day on March 8), and National Craft Month.
All of these commemorations have one thing in common…they encourage acts of kindness and thoughtfulness:
- Through adopting of the Golden Rule in all actions;
- Through learning the value of volunteering within the family, the neighborhood, the community, the state, and the nation to make others lives better and more enjoyable.
- Through the celebration of women’s contributions around the world;
- Through encouraging young women to become themselves and reach for the stars (or reach for the loom);
- Through the act of passing on, learning, and valuing skills too often relegated by gender (e.g. girls decorate dollhouses; boys use tools).
SPECIALS DURING THE MONTH OF MARCH
- Every child who visits the Depot gets a FREE book (their choice) from the children’s section at Whistle Stop Books (note: we have coffee and a sitting area available while you wait for them to make up their minds).
- All Craft, DIY, Cook, and Gardening books are 15% off from Whistle Stop Books with a coupon.
- Coloring Books are 15% Off from Cambria Toy Station with a coupon.
GAME OF THE MONTH:
Perfect for the Storyteller!